First Time In A Long Time

Being sick for about 2 weeks now with a minor chest infection unable to train, sitting on the couch I remembered this blog I started way back...

Reading through my few posts as a young boy brought back a lot of memories from that time.. how easy everything was vs now. 

Unfortunately due to financial problems many years ago, my cycling journey ended and nothing could be done, thats life.  But about 3 years ago in my second last year of school, my father made a decision. To leave the place I grew up in and move to Pretoria.  In June 2015 I was registered at Affies. Best thing that happend to me in my life. I have an emotional relationship with that school which most won't understand, but the day I started there, it was made possible for me to start my passion again. In June 2015, my life changed and I had a goal in cycling again.

In the last 3 years I met a remarkable amount of people, friends.  The relationships I have today, I would want to have for ever. A friend of mine once said: "Those who matter, don't mind. And those who mind, don't matter" Those words stuck with me since that day. It makes you wonder about how many people, when things don't reach their interest, disappear out of your life.. and makes you want to treasure the ones that have been with you through your very worst times, and still call in wondering of a visit.

There are angels out there, going out of their way to help you, expecting nothing in return but only for the pure knowledge of helping someone. And you hear this everywhere, but you'll never fully appreciate it unless someone like that helped you.  You have no Idea how many doors you can open for one person, by helping them with something they need.

Today I'm kick starting this blog, with no other purpose than to share the problems I had to face in my life, and in the future, and how I overcame them.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WORKING TO BE THE BEST

The beginning